Before Shoptoit can send your product listings to Google PLAs, you must first add a verification meta tag to your sites homepage. Your unique tag can be found in your Shoptoit account, and must be added to your Shopify theme.
Get your verification meta tag
- Login to your Shoptoit merchant account: https://merchants.shoptoit.ca
- Go to the 'Google PLA Settings' page
- Select 'I would like to include my products in Google PLAs'
- Copy the meta tag generated
Add your tag to your Shopify site
- From your shop admin, go to the Themes page
- Click on the Customize Theme button on the top right.
- Click on the Edit HTML/CSS button on the top.
- Under the Layouts folder, locate and click on theme.liquid to open it in the online code editor
- In between the opening <head> and closing</head> tags in your theme.liquid file, paste your meta tag
Confirm you have verified
- Go back to your Shoptoit Merchant account
- Select the 'Verify' button to confirm you have verified your site properly
If you receive an error, please check that you've inserted your tag in the correct place and try again.