We currently do not accept feeds in Microsoft Excel format (xls). However, you can create your data feed in Microsoft Excel and convert it to the supported tab-delimited format.
- Create a new file in Microsoft Excel. Choose a name that can remain consistent throughout time. For example, "MyStore" rather than "MyStoreOctober2009".
- Define the header row. The first row of cells in your data feed will define the expected values for each subsequent row in that column. The header row field names should be exactly as as they appear in our data feed specifications. For example:
- Enter product information. Each subsequent row of the spreadsheet should be filled with information for one of your store's products. On the next rows, enter each of the products you carry, one per row, along with information that describes them. Each piece of information should reflect the header of the column it is in. (For example, your prices should go under the "price" header). You must list only one product per row.
- Convert your spreadsheet. To save your spreadsheet as a tab-delimited file, click on "File" and choose "Save As". In the Format drop-down list, choose "Tab-delimited (.txt)" and press "Save".
Formatting and Content Requirements
- The content in your feed must be the same as the content visible to users on your web site. The description and price you provide in the feed must be exactly the same as the description and price on your product URL page. The image URL must be the actual product image on the product page.
- Do not include tabs, carriage returns, or new line characters - If any of these appear in a field, we will not be able to display that product on Shoptoit.ca.
- Do not include HTML tags, comments, and escape sequences - We will try to remove any HTML from your product listings, but for best appearance, you should not include HTML in your feed.
- Do not include trailing tab characters at the end of lines.