The first line of the file should be the header, using the field names from our data feed specifications; each subsequent line should provide the data for a single product. If you're creating a tab-delimited data feed from scratch, please see our instructions.
- Tab delimited plain text.
- First line of the file is the header and contains field names (described below), separated by tabs.
- Only one product per line; each data field should be separated by a tab.
- Do not have trailing tabs at the end of lines.
- File must be saved in UTF-8 encoding.
- Product and image URLs must be fully qualified. They must include the http:// portion, for example: http://www.yourstore.com/image.gif
- The content in your data feed must be the same as the content visible to users on your web site. For example, the description and price you provide in the feed must be the same as the description and price on your product URL page.
- The image URL must be that of the actual product image on the product page. Do not use thumbnail images. If there is no image of the actual product, leave the field blank.
Please do not include the following as part of the feed:
- Tabs, carriage returns, or new line characters. If any of these appear in a field, we will not be able to display that product on shoptoit.ca.
- HTML tags, comments, and escape sequences must also be eliminated from the feed before submission.