To be included in Google PLAs, you must first verify your sites domain.
You have two options on how to verify your website.
1) An HTML file upload
Upload an HTML file to your site's root web directory.
Login to your merchant's account and go to Advertising -> Google Shopping.
1. Download the verification file from the link.
2. Upload the file to your website server.
3. Confirm successful upload by visiting the link show in merchants in your browser.
4. Click the 'Verify' button
2) Insert a meta tag into your sites homepage
If you are using an ecommerce platform or content management system to create your webpages, you should still be able to insert a meta tag into your homepage.
Instructions for popular eCommerce platforms can be found below.
You can generate your verification meta tag in your merchant account on the Google Shopping page.
1. Copy the meta tag shown in your account, and paste it into your site's home page. It should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section
2. Click the 'Verify' button
Instructions for some of Canadas top eCommerce platforms:
Instructions for 3dcart merchants:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Go to Marketing =>SEO Tools
- Scroll down to the "Google Webmaster Tools Verification Meta Tag" section
- Add your code there and Save the page.
- Go back to your Shoptoit merchant account and verify your site.