Before Shoptoit can send your product listings to Google PLAs, you must first add a verification meta tag to your sites homepage. Your unique tag can be found in your Shoptoit account, and must be added to your BigCommerce site.
Get your verification meta tag
- Login to your Shoptoit merchant account: https://merchants.shoptoit.ca
- Go to the 'Advertising' > 'Google Shopping' page
- Select 'I would like to include my products in Google PLAs'
- Copy the meta tag generated in the Option #1: Meta Tag box
Add your tag to your BigCommerce site
- Open the Bigcommerce control panel
- Go to Settings › Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
In some versions of the control panel, this is located under Setup & Tools › Set up your store › Web Analytics.
- In Analytics Packages, check the box marked Google Analytics, then Save.
- Click the newly-created Google Analytics tab.
- In the Tracking Code field, paste the meta tag you copied from your Shoptoit merchant account, then click the Save button.
Confirm you have verified
- Go back to your Shoptoit Merchant account
- Select the 'Verify' button to confirm you have verified your site properly
If you receive an error, please check that you've inserted your tag in the correct place and try again.