Auto-tagging is a required feature, which when used with Google Ads conversion tracking or Google Analytics, allows you to see how effectively your ad clicks lead to valuable customer activity, such as website purchases, phone calls, app downloads, newsletter sign-ups, and more.
With Auto tagging you can see the traffic that is coming from google adwords in your dashboard along with which keywords and search queries triggered the ad.
This is how you enable auto tagging:-
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the left page menu, click Settings.
- Click Account settings along the top of the page.
- Click the Auto-tagging section.
- To enable auto-tagging, check the box next to “Tag the URL that people click through from my ad.”
- Click Save.